Dauntless Update 1.77 Brings Quality Of Life Improvements & Bug Fixes
Shards of Chaos Island Event
The chaos of this event was already working fairly well. We removed fauna from it to focus on the shards, and adjusted the shard spawning rules.
- In all stages, shards are no longer connected to one of the spawned Behemoths. They will continue to appear until both Behemoths are defeated.
- Fauna no longer spawns at any stage.
Below Zero Island Event
This event no longer has any fauna nor shock behemoths — all to create a clearer theme and flow of battle.
- Stage 1 is now a single Behemoth fight with the Icy Grasp and Radiant Prison modifiers.
- Stage 2 is no longer a fauna wave. It is now a dual Behemoth fight with the Icy Grasp and Radiant Prison modifiers.
- Stage 3 is now a finale fight against either Skraev or Frostwülf with the Icy Grasp, Radiant Prison, and Frozen Stars modifiers.
- Removed all Behemoth power alterations from this event. (Previously, Behemoths in stage 1 had decreased power while those in stage 2 had increased power.)
Dark Matter Island Event
This event has been reframed to better focus on its elemental theme and end with a more dramatic fight against the island’s guaranteed Behemoth.
- Stage 1 now also includes Riftstalker as a potential spawn.
- Stage 2 is no longer a creature wave. It is now a dual Behemoth fight with an umbral Behemoth and another Behemoth from the island.
- Stage 2 now has the Umbral Instability modifier instead of the Umbral Zones modifier.
Sudden Death Island Event
In playtests, we found that Sudden Death was a fun late-game event that really tests Slayers on their knowledge of earlier Behemoths. However, we also saw low engagement when this event appeared on the island, and round two often had all players spending most of their time waiting for a revive. We’ve added a new cooldown round between the first and second that helps Slayers stay in the fight and get ready for the final battle.
- This island event is now three stages long.
- Stage 2 is a hold-the-point round in which bombers of various sizes will attempt to knock players out of the ring.
- Stage 2 revives all players and restocks all equipped consumables upon completion.
- Stage 3 is a fight against an advanced Behemoth (like Riftstalker or Stormclaw).
Infernal Gaze Island Event
Compared to the other event that appears naturally on The Blazeworks, this event had fewer rewards to offer players. It now has a third round to increase the total amount of rewards for participation. The modifiers in this event have been adjusted for a smoother ramp up in difficulty.
- This island event is now three stages long.
- Removed the Danger Zones modifier from stage 2.
- Stage 3 has the Splitting Lava and Danger Zones modifiers.
- Added Phaelanx as a potential spawn in stage 3.
High Alert Island Event
All High Alert events on every island have been tuned to create a more satisfying challenge fight that is worth taking the time to engage with. We’ve reduced the ability to stagger-lock these fights, but also reduced the Behemoth level so Slayers will no longer encounter Behemoths substantially above what’s expected on a given island.
- Removed the time limit from this event. Watch out for the danger meter though!
- Behemoths are now at most one level above the island they appear on.
- Substantially increased the stagger health of Behemoths. (They are harder to stagger.)
- Substantially increased the elemental health of Behemoths. (It is more difficult to trigger elemental effects.)
- Increased the health of Behemoths. (Behemoths on later islands have a greater health increase.)
- Removed all part health reductions.
- Slightly increased the power of Behemoths.
Some bounties were tuned to be either too high or too low, these changes will place them more in line with the rest of the other bounties in terms of time needed for completion.
- All bounties asking players to kill Behemoths of two different elements now require 6/9/12 kills (bronze/silver/gold).
- Increased Raw Nerves’ wound damage on enraged Behemoths from 3,000/4,500/6,000 to 15,000/22,500/30,000 (bronze/silver/gold).
- Increased Mortal Wounds’ wound damage (with taking damage penalty) from 5,000/7,500/10,000 to 40,000/60,000/80,000 (bronze/silver/gold).
Quality of Life
- Improved some collision detection for gliders.
- Added new sounds when gliding, to better communicate speed.
- Frostwülf will now properly flee the Coldrunner Key island when the danger meter reaches 100%.
- Bloodshot Shrowd’s Nightmare Dive attack damage window now matches the animation more closely. It still hurts, though.
- Fixed some skinning issues on The Chronovore’s mouth and tail, reducing the number of unsightly stretches and bends.
- The Hunger’s special meter no longer resets on Behemoth kills when the Feast ability is not active.
- Various fixes to ensure challenges display properly and that challenge progress isn’t carried over from previous seasons.
- Walking near the tree before the fourth arena in Blaze Escalation no longer results in unappealing camera zooms.
- Fixed an invisible hole in the ground on Coldrunner Key and Boreal Outpost. It was a trap!
- Fallen trees no longer move in the wind.
- The Age of Titans chest transmog now connects to leg armour pieces with less clipping.
- The Elder Dustrobes chest transmog now appears less stiff. Relax.
- Fixed an issue where island event music would fail to play and/or occasionally drop out. Music during island events will now continue all the way through until the end of the event.
- Updated combat music transitions in Behemoth fights to more accurately reflect gameplay context.
- Added music to The Chronoslayer event pass, the one unlocked by crafting all of the Chronovore armour pieces.
- The bounty tokens granted as a Slayer Link reward are now premium bounty tokens, as intended.
The post Dauntless Update 1.77 Brings Quality Of Life Improvements & Bug Fixes appeared first on PlayStation Universe.