Marvel’s Avengers – Update 2.3 Preview Outlines Changes to Rewards, Mega Hives, and More
Although the launch was pretty rocky for Marvel’s Avengers, developer Crystal Dynamics has been working to make sure that it is a game that everyone can enjoy- though their efforts haven’t exactly been the most encouraging. Character additions like the PlayStation exclusive Spider-Man have been met with criticism, and the biggest complaint players have had with the game is the lackluster updates. After all, the last major update the game has had was the aforementioned Spider-Man’s addition.
Recently, the developers mentioned that they are not yet ready to reveal the next big roadmap for the game as of now. That said, they have dropped a preview for the next patch, which is update 2.3.
Through a weekly blog post via the game’s official website, the developers outlined a preview of what is in store for the game through the upcoming update. Some of the major changes which are coming will be the changes to the rewards, where the setup of rewards to be dropped has been changed. Apart from that, reward edits for Raids and overhaul to the Vault/Villain Sector rewards are also mentioned, along with the introduction of Mega Hives.
Marvel’s Avengers is rumored to be getting She-Hulk as a character addition, though it remains to be seen whether that’s going to turn out to be accurate.
Marvel’s Avengers Patch 2.3 Preview:
Checkpoint Rewards for the Discordant Sound Raid
- We have changed the setup of rewards to drop from major encounters in the Raid, rather than all at the end. There are now four instances in the Raid that will award Gear.
- This also means the normal Raid will drop an additional Klaw Minor Artifact (though it will not improve your Power Level). We are still looking at improving the subsequent rewards and will update you when we have that plan finalized.
- The new Mission Chain panel lists the order and what encounter gives you Gear.
Reward Edits for OLT/Raid
- We have added Units as a reward to both the Mission Chain and the Mission itself.
- This means you will earn 1000 Units when you complete it the first time per week, and 500 Units for each subsequent completion.
Vault/Villain Sector Rewards
- The rewards for these missions have undergone an overhaul.
- Vaults no longer need coordinates and can be picked up from the SHIELD Faction mission giver. One weekly Elite Vault and Villain Sector will also be a part of the weekly updates.
- The Missions will always stay on the War Table, and their rewards now have a chance to drop the Exotic variants of their sets. Completing the daily and weekly Mission Chains gives a higher chance at the Exotic.
- The weekly Elite Mission Chains will also award two pieces of Gear: one will be either Melee or Ranged, and the other will be either Defense or Heroic.
- The Gear Set that is awarded from Villain Sectors has also changed, but we will have more on that later—stay tuned!
Hero-Bound Mega Hives
- We will be making more Missions and Mission Chains Hero-Bound, including the Mega Hive.
- The Mega Hives will work a little differently from other Hero-Bound Missions because of the elimination mechanic. If your Hero is above Power Level 140, even if you are knocked out during the Mega Hive, you will be able to claim weekly rewards after completing the Hive. Once those rewards are claimed, the Mission Chain will restart.
- The first weekly completion per Hero will grant rewards. If you’d like to claim more rewards on the same Hero again, you will have to wait until the weekly reset.
- We are looking forward to going into detail about more updates to rewards and Missions in the future.